1. Purpose (Overall objective)
The purpose of the project is to improve the employment situation of youth in the periphery in Russian-Nordic-Baltic border areas. Thus the project aims to empower youth to take an active role in the process of combating unemployment as well as in the implementation of concrete activities. In order to achieve the purpose an aim is to involve business community from Nordic, Baltic countries and NW Russia to engage in solving the problems of youth unemployment.
2. Success criteria
- Youth (individuals or organizations) take part in the project activities;
- Youth in border regions are better informed about possibilities of self-employment, their entrepreneurial skills are developed;
- ComUnYouth forum is organized;
- The companies have become а part of a new international network, and the companies are familiar with methods/tools that support increasing youth employment;
- Business community is participating in the project activities.
3. Goals (Specific objectives) and acceptance criteria
- To increase competence in combating youth unemployment and apply new solutions in the border regions of North-West Russia, the Nordic and Baltic countries
- At least 4 new projects addressing the youth unemployment/transferring best practices between different regions will be implemented within the project’s implementation
- To create a platform uniting authorities, labour market, educational institutions, researchers, companies and youth organizations from the Nordic countries, Baltic countries and North-West Russia
- An informal network consisting of representatives of labour market, educational institutions, researchers, practitioners, youth organizations, trade unions and other stakeholders from the Nordic countries, Baltic countries and North-West Russia is established and next-practice examples on increasing youth employment are collected, analyzed and made visible
- To exchange and distribute the best regional and local practices for combating youth unemployment and increasing youth employment in the Baltic Sea and Barents border regions in such topics as youth unemployment among social risk groups (for example nor in education, neither in employment (NEET); creation of new employments; sustainable entrepreneurship; free movement of employees in cross-border regions; education; cooperation of public agencies and cross-border statistics
- Best-practice and next-practice examples on increasing youth employment are collected, analyzed and made visible